This page is dedicated to the great people and organizations that
helped The Nuts get
started in this crazy business of turning money into noise and
- Greg Kimbrough
- The man who almost sold us our first race car
and helped us get our bearings on getting started on
the track. Greg's been away from racing for a few
months as he's been in Iraq setting up water bottling
operations to aid our military and humanitarian efforts
over there. He got back home in May of 2006, and we
hope to meet him at the track soon.
- Ron Zappendorf
- Inimitable supplier of race and safety gear and
supplies, and dispenser of wisdom and contacts. If
you have trouble with their web site, give them a call
(toll free) at 888-748-RACE
(888-748-7223). Heck, if you're in the
Doraville area, just drop on by the shop, at least
on weekdays. On weekends, they're usually at one track
or another. The
address of the store is 6475 Peachtree Industrial
Boulevard, Atlanta, GA.
- Pete Bennett's Service Station
- These folks have been great to us, especially with
regards to mounting, dismounting, remounting, and
balancing our race tires and wheels. The Bennetts race
both karts and cars on ovals, but they don't look down
on The Nuts
for turning in both directions.
If you're in the
Alpharetta/Cumming area, their phone number is
770-475-6611 and their address is
5590 Highway 9 N, Alpharetta, GA 30004.
- Marty Barrett
- Our first HPDE instructor and all around good guy.
Marty had a lot to do with how quickly we came up to
speed, safely, on the track.
- Lee & Les Stabler
- Lefty's second HPDE
instructors, and also all around good guys. Lee
& Les also made a big difference in our initial
efforts at getting up to speed safely.
- Jacqueline Blackwell
- (Road Atlanta,
Special Project Manager). Jacqueline keeps us abreast of the upcoming events
at Road Atlanta, especially the ones we can get paid for working.
- Paul Morrison
- For being a really stand up guy with a good product
at a great price. Paul is a great person to do
- Janice Squires
Motorsports Park, Office Manager)
- Stan Martin (Chief of Flagging &
Communications for the Atlanta Region of
- Stan and all of the other F&C folks gave us a
great start in our first couple of outings as corner
- Rebecca Bertok
Carolina Region SCCA)
- Rebecca helped us out a lot with getting involved in
- Bob Ziner, Pat Ziner, and Ray Marsh
(SCCA F&C Folks)
- They did a great job with our initial training and have
been good friends since.
- Sam Henderson
(Precision Performance Corvette, Greenville, SC, &
SCCA IT-7 competitor)
- We'll soon be competing with Sam at the races, but
he’s been a great help with our
RX-7s. He even gave us some
lightly used race tires! Sam’s phone number at
the shop is 864-297-0313, and the shop
is at 104 International Court, Greenville, SC
- Skip Shanke (Discount Tire)
- Skip gives us great service to go along with good
- Joe Hooker & Sylvia Patterson (Carolina
- They've put together a great road course as well as
a great program of High Performance Driver Education
(HPDE) events. They've both been very good to The Nuts.
- Bob Vilven (Vilven Tire Company)
- A great guy and a great tire dealer. Call Bob at
800-251-0017, or visit their shop at
101 West Main St. Royal, IL 61871.